Cheesy uttappam sandwich
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 871 times
Add your private note
Cheesy uttappam sandwich recipe - How to make Cheesy uttappam sandwich
Cooking Time: Total Time:
parboiled rice (ukda) - 2¾ cups
rice - ¼ cup
split black gram (dhuli urad dal)- 1 cup
1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds - 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
butter - ½ cup
green coriander chutney - 1 cup
onions(sliced)- 2 small
tomatoes (sliced)- 2 small
cucumbers (sliced) - 2 small
Grated Cheese - 1 cup
- 1. soak both the rice in six cups of water for at least four hours. soak split black grams with fenugreek seeds in three cups of water also for at least four hours.
- 2. drain and grind the rice and split grams separately to a smooth batter with dropping consistency. add salt and mix both the batters thoroughly with hand in a whipping motion.
- 3. keep the batter in a large vessel, close tightly and rest the batter overnight or for about four to six hours at room temperature to ferment.
- 4. take required quantity of batter in a bowl, add salt and sufficient water to get the desired consistency and mix well. the batter should be thicker than that for dosa.
- 5. heat a thick tawa or a non-stick pan. put two drops of oil and wipe the tawa clean with a wet muslin cloth.
- 6. add a tablespoon of butter to the tawa and pour half a ladleful of batter and spread it into a three-inch diameter round. make as many as would fit on the tawa.
- 7. cook on low heat for three to five minutes. flip side and cook further, if desired.
- 8. apply chutney on one side of each uttapam.
- 9. take one uttapam, place a few slices of onion, tomato and cucumber over the chutney and sprinkle some cheese over it.
- 10. place the other uttapam, chutney side down over it. keep it in the microwave oven for 1 min or till the cheese melts. press gently, cut into wedges and serve immediately.
- 11. similarly prepare other uttapam sandwiches.
This recipe was contributed by ksaumya on 21 Jun 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.