Cheesy Thepla Potato Wrap ( Tiffin Treats)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 62 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15127 times
An interesting twist to the homely thepla makes it an exciting snack that will fascinate young kids. To make this sumptuous Cheesy Thepla Potato Wrap, fenugreek flavoured theplas are rolled up with a crispy potato mixture, which is flavoured with peppy masalas like amchur powder. You can make the theplas in advance if you wish to save time, but make sure you add enough oil so that it does not dry up and break when rolling. You can even give the thepla and the crispy potato separately, but rolling it up with a layer of cheese spread will make it more handy to eat and tastier too. Pack some Kurmura Chikki also, it will be an after lunch sweet treat for their taste buds.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook it on a medium flame, using a little oil, golden brown spots appear on both the sides. Keep aside.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 5 more theplas.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the potatoes, mix gently and cook on a slow flame for 8 to10 minutes or till they turn crisp, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, dried mango powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Place a methi thepla on a clean, dry surface and spread 1 tsp of cheese spread evenly over it.
- Place 2 tbsp of the crispy potatoes at one end of the methi thepla.
- Fold the two opposite ends of the methi thepla over the crispy potatoes.
- Roll the methi thepla from the stuffed end over the 2 folded sides and seal it tightly. .
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 make 5 more wraps.
- Allow the wraps to cool completely, wrap in an aluminium foil, and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.
Nutrient values per wrap
|Vitamin A||169.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||11.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.