Cheesy Sandwich Pizza
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10074 times
Pizza in a sandwich, sandwich like a pizza, call it what you will, but the truth is that this delicious snack combines the best aspects of two of your favourite snacks!
Bread slices are sandwiched with a cheesy mayonnaise-bound mixture of veggies, grilled, topped with pizza sauce and ever-popular pizza toppings and seasonings, and baked to perfection, to create a snack that is totally unique and sure to please anybody!
It’s not just pizza sauce, but the olives and oregano that complete the pizza effect. Enjoy this Cheesy Sandwich Pizza immediately on preparation, to relish the gooey molten cheese and sauces.
- Combine the coloured capsicum, cabbage, onions, mayonnaise, cheese, salt and pepper in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a bread slice on a clean, dry surface and spread a portion of the mixture evenly over it. Sandwich it using another bread slice and press it lightly.
- Grill it in a pre-heated greased sandwich griller for 5 to 6 minutes or till it turns crisp and brown from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 2 more sandwiches.
- Place all the 3 grilled sandwiches on a clean dry surface.
- Spread 2 tsp of pizza sauce evenly over each sandwich.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp of olives and 2 tbsp of processed cheese and place 3 mozzarella cheese cubes over each sandwich.
- Finally sprinkle a little oregano and chilli flakes evenly over each sandwich.
- Place all the 3 sandwich pizzas a on a baking tray and bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or till the cheese melts completely.
- Cut each sandwich pizza diagonally into 2 pieces and serve immediately.
Cheesy Sandwich Pizza video
Nutrient values per sandwich pizza
|Vitamin A||302.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||46.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||14.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.