Cheesy Pasta Sandich
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3570 times
Hi this is meenal from Calcutta, and this is my all time favourite dish. it is typically Mediterranean yet has been indianised to suit our palate. try it, it's simple and different...!!!!
- In a large vessel put 5-6 glasses of water and when it is boiling add the pasta to boil.
- Boil till the pasta is cooked. add little salt and oil while it is boiling.
- Do not overboil. take out in a strainer and pour cold water over the pasta. when slightly cool, add some oil to it and toss lightly with hands so that the pasta strips are seperated.
- In a pan, add 2 tsp oil and saute the onions.
- Also add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the milk and when it is heated add the cream.
- Do not let the cream boil and add the cornflour dissolved in a little milk. quickly stir the sauce so that consistency is smooth.
- Take off the gas and add the salt and black pepper.
- Add 1/4 of the grated cheese
- On the bread slices spread a layer of the pasta and sauce,decorate with tomato and capsicum rings on the top,sprinkle grated cheese liberally!!!
- Grill in hot oven till the cheese melts and then your open sandwiches are ready to bite!!!!
This recipe was contributed by meenal72 on 18 Oct 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.