Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
This recipe has been viewed 11376 times
The skinny: use low fat milk and cheese. we leave the skin on our mashed potatoes. supposedly, most of the vitamins and minerals are in the skin and we are just used to leaving the skin on. feel free to peel your potatoes before cooking if you prefer; just don't blame us if you miss out on some vitamins and minerals.
- Put potatoes and garlic in large pan with just enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, put the lid half-way on the pan and boil for about 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and garlic and return to pan.
- Mash potatoes and garlic, then add about half of the warm milk, the cheese and butter.
- Continue mashing over very low heat, adding the rest of the warm milk as necessary to make the potatoes nice and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe was contributed by casatina on 01 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.