Cheesy Bellpepper and Jalapeno Canape
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8732 times
Canapés are amongst the best choices you can make, to serve as starters at parties, because the dainty roundels are handy to serve and look so appetizing that nobody can refuse one!
In this mouth-watering version, the canapés are topped with colourful bell peppers, crunchy onions, juicy sweet corn and yummy jalapenos. A good dose of cheese gives the topping a luscious mouth-feel and indulgent flavour too.
Mix the topping well with your hands before placing it on the bread roundels, and make sure you serve the Cheesy Bell Pepper and Jalapeno Canapé immediately after baking, while the cheese is still gooey.
You can also try other nice canapés like the Mushroom Canapes and the Parsley and Parsley and Cottage Cheese Canapes .
- Combine all ingredients in a deep bowl and mix very well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Cut the bread slices into approx. 62 mm. (2 1/2") diameter rounds with a cookie cutter.
- Place the bread roundels on a greased baking tray and apply a little butter on each bread roundels.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 to 7 minutes, or till they turn light brown.
- Spread a portion of the mixture on each toasted bread roundel.
- Bake again in a preheated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 to 7 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per canape
|Vitamin A||91.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||8.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.