Cheese and Oatmeal Cookies
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 550 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 85881 times
When you need a light but wholesome snack at home or on-the-go, reach out for this recipe! Cheese and Oatmeal Cookies are so crispy that kids will gobble them up happily. Since they are savoury cookies flavoured mildly with pepper and cumin, each serving can also be slightly larger than the sweet varieties.
- Cream the butter and cheese spread in a deep bowl till light and fluffy.
- Add the oats, wheat flour,cumin seeds and black pepper and knead gently into a soft dough.
- Roll out the dough into a sheet of 6 mm. (¼") thickness. Prick with a fork at regular intervals.
- Cut out 12 to 14 circles using a 50 mm. (2") cookie cutter and place them on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 minutes or till the cookies turn crisp and golden brown in colour.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per cookie
|Vitamin A||212.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.