Cheese Vegetable Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10329 times
Simple though it sounds, the Cheese and Vegetable Sandwich is a snack with a timeless appeal. Think quick snack and this is the first option that comes to your mind! Elegant and easy, this sandwich is made with a whole lot of colourful veggies held together with mashed potatoes and perked up with green chillies and coriander. It is very important to use butter to brush on the bread and to cook the slices, because it is responsible for the rich flavour and aroma of this sandwich. Enjoy it immediately after preparation with tomato ketchup.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions.
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface, spread ½ tsp of butter on each bread slice.
- Spread a portion of the prepared stuffing on a buttered bread slice.
- Place a slice of cheese over the potato stuffing, cover it with another bread slice with the buttered side facing downwards and press it lightly. Apply ½ tsp of butter on it and spread it evenly.
- Heat 1 tsp of butter on a non-stick tava (griddle), place the prepared sandwich on it with the buttered side facing upwards and cook on a medium flame till both sides turn crispy and golden brown in colour.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values per sandwich
|Vitamin A||421 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||21.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||9.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.