by Tarla Dalal
Added to 111 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 52555 times
A crunchy and flavourful finger food made with a dough of whole wheat flour and cheese, these Cheese Sticks are perfect to serve with a tangy or herby dip.
Cheese gives this crispy snack a nice texture that is kind of flaky and crisp. Its cheesy flavour is also perfect to serve with tongue-tickling dips . Alternatively you can perk up the dough with your choice of herbs or spices, which will make the Cheese Sticks sufficiently spicy to serve as a standalone snack with tea .
- Sieve the flour and add the salt.
- Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the cheese and mix well.
- Add the water (approx. 1 tablespoon) and make a dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll out 1 portion of the dough on a lightly floured board to about 6 mm. (¼") thickness using a little flour for rolling.
- Cut into 50 mm. (2") long strips using a knife.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 to make more sticks.
- Arrange the sticks on an ungreased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400°f) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per stick
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.