Cheese Popcorn ( Finger Foods for Kids )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 66 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 101617 times
Make popcorn a little more delicious. Freshly popped corn, cheese and herbs tossed in together makes a surprisingly tasty snack.
Children will enjoy this over a weekend cartoon movie; serve in cute paper buckets or cones. Yummy! these mini munchies are best consumed within a day.
Our collection of recipes for finger foods has innumerable bite-sized treats that kids can easily munch on, like Crispy Chocolate Balls, Cheese Sticks, Soya and Veggies Star Paratha, Cheese and Tomato Tarts and many more.
Enjoy how to make Cheese Popcorn recipe with detailed step by step photos below.
- To make cheese popcorn, heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the corn and salt and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Cover with the lid but do not put the gasket and the whistle on it. This is to allow the steam to escape and avoid the popcorn from turning soggy.
- Cook on a very slow flame for approx. 4 to 5 minutes or till you hear the popping sound. When the corn stops popping, remove from the flame and open the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Remove the popcorn in a large bowl, add the cheddar cheese and toss well.
- Serve the cheese popcorn immediately or store in an air-tight container.
Cheese Popcorn ( Finger Foods for Kids ) recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.