Cheese Fondue ( Chips and Dips Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Cheese Fondue ( Chips and Dips Recipe) in Hindi)
Added to 118 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 56032 times
Cheese Fondue is a concept that originated in the Swiss, French and Italian communities, but gained popularity all over the world, so much that some countries celebrate a National Cheese Fondue Day! In fact, the phrase ‘melting pot of cultures’ might have originated from the Cheese Fondue custom because it is a potful that brings everybody together. A special sauce of cheese, milk, wine and garlic, the Cheese Fondue is traditionally served in a pot, into which people dip pieces of bread and devour joyfully! However, it is also perfectly suitable to serve it in small bowls as a dip for any finger food.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the plain flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the mixture thickens and no lumps remain, while stirring continuously.
- Reduce the flame, add the white wine and cheese, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously or till the mixture thickens.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well.
- Serve immediately with herb bread and brun pav pieces.
Cheese Fondue Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.