by Tarla Dalal
Added to 66 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19447 times
When buying packaged products, there is always a niggling doubt about what ingredients they have used, and whether there really is enough cheese in the so-called cheese crackers, and so on! the best way out is to make it yourself. Here is a foolproof recipe to make cheese crackers in your own kitchen, with pure and safe ingredients, and simple methods. Store it in an airtight container, and serve with various toppings and dips, or just plain.
- Sieve the flour.
- Rub in the butter with finger tips.
- Add the cheese, caraway seeds and salt and make a dough by adding milk.
- Roll out the dough to about 6 mm. (1/4") thickness using a little plain flour for rolling and cut into small bite-sized pieces with a fancy cutter.
- Arrange on a greased baking tin and prick all over with a fork.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve as it is or with any dip of your choice.
Nutrient values per cracker
|Vitamin A||75.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.2 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.