Cheese Burst Pizza
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9129 times
A cheesy, gooey Cheese Burst Pizza that beats any store-bought pizza hands-down, because this is made right in your own kitchen with the finest ingredients and your choice of toppings!
A gem from the hearty cuisine of Italy, this pizza is one that’s loved by kids and adults alike because every mouthful is packed with excitement.
Right from the cheesy base to the crunchy, saucy toppings, everything about this pizza is appealing to the palate.
Serve it immediately while the cheese is molten and gooey, otherwise you will not get to enjoy the best texture.
You can also try other pizza recipes like Pizza Margherita or Pizza Burger Bowl.
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of warm water in a bowl, mix well and cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, yeast-sugar mixture, olive oil and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a damp muslin cloth or cling wrap and keep aside for 45 minutes.
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air and divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Roll a portion of the dough into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Prick it with a fork.
- Place it on a non-stick tawa (griddle) and cook it till it is half done on both the sides. Keep aside.
- Roll another portion of the dough into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling, prick it with a fork and place on a baking tray.
- Spread 1 tbsp of cheese spread evenly on the rolled and pricked dough leaving a little space near the edges.
- Place 5 cheese slices over the cheese spread, overlapping each other.
- Place the half cooked pizza base over it and fold the sides of the bottom dough inwards and press it lightly.
- Spread 2½ tbsp of pizza sauce, 1/8 cup onions, 1/8 cup capsicum, 5 sliced jalapenos, 1 tbsp black olives, ½ cup grated cheese, ½ tsp dried oregano and ½ tsp chilli flakes evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 4 to 11 to make 1 more pizza.
- Bake both the pizzas in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 minutes.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil evenly over each pizza.
- Cut each pizza into 4 pieces and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pizza
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.