Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4260 times
A festive special dessert item, Chenna Malpua is amazing with the crisp malpuas dipped in sugar syrup and then served hot with rabdi or thickened malai.
Add your private note
Cheena Malpua recipe - How to make Cheena Malpua
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Dissolve the sugar in 1 cup of water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly and add the kewda essence.
- Mix the chenna, milk, plain flour and cornflour in a bowl and make a smooth batter by blending the mixture in a blender.
- Heat ghee in a shallow non-stick pan (the ghee should be approx. 1" deep).
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the batter into the ghee. it will double in size.
- Deep fry on both sides till lightly browned.
- Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Drain and soak the hot malpuas into the prepared sugar syrup and allow them to soak for approximately 5 minutes.
- Drain the malpuas from the syrup and arrange them on a serving plate.
- Serve warm.
This recipe was contributed by alpana_f75 on 08 Mar 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.