Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1861 times
Cheen is a traditional vegetable recipe with the bottle gourd or Dudhi cooked with besan, rice flour, spice powders and a pinch of hing. The cheen is enjoyed typically with rotla or rice.
- Mix chopped dhudhi,rice flour,besan,chillies,ginger,haldi,salt,sugar,& keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Take oil in kadai,once the oil is hot put mustard & cummin & hing.
- Put the mixture & mix it nicely.
- Lower the flame to medium & cover it withthe lid & put some water on top of the lid & let it steam for 5 minutes,again stir & follow this till light brown.
- If you want more crisp part then leave for more time on the flame.
- Serve hot with rice rotla or just a hot snack.
This recipe was contributed by Sunitashah on 24 Jan 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.