Chawli Ki Subzi ( Know Your Green Leafy Vegetables )
by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 50% LIKED IT
1 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37395 times
A simple and ready-in-a-jiffy recipe. Avoid cooking it on a high flame or for a long period as this will cause discolouration and loss of flavour.
- Combine the amaranth leaves, turmeric powder, salt and 1 cup of water together in a broad pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame till done or the water evaporates.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Blend the amaranth leaves in a mixer to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, red chillies, urad dal and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame till the dal turns golden brown in colour.
- Add the amaranth paste, 1\4 cup water and salt, mix well and simmer for another 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.