Chawal ka Sogra
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1890 times
Chawal ka sogra is an innovative recipe using rice flour, cooked rice and ghee. Left rice can be used to prepare sogras which are roasted and served ht with green chutney. A healthy snack recipe for children.
Add your private note
Chawal ka Sogra recipe - How to make Chawal ka Sogra
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
cooked rice : 1cup
rice flour : 1/2 cup
water : 1 cup
salt according to tase
To Garnish : Hot Ghee
Serve hot with green chuteny and picles
- 1)mix cooked rice, rice flour and salt in a container nicely with hands.
- 2)now slowly add enough water to make it a dough.
- 3) divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
- 4) roll each part into a small semi thick round shape bread using rice flour for dusting as required.
- 5)now place it over a hot tawa and cook over both sides on medium flame.
- 6) once its cooked now remove the tawa and cook srtaigh over the flame holding it with 'chipiya' and moving it in a circular motion till its crisp..
- 7) now place it in a dish and pour 2tsp ghee over one sogra..
- 8) serve hot with gree chuteny and acchar..
This recipe was contributed by vadermeenakshi on 30 Oct 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.