Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3504 times
* if you add the garam masala and heat, the puree may lose its colour
left over rice may also be used for this recipe. just adjust quantity proportionately.
- Heat oil and add hing & jeera
- Add onions and saute till golden brown
- Add tomatoes and dhaniya powder,haldi, long, dalchini, tejpatta, elaichi, saunf, amchur, ginger-garlic paste and salt to taste.
- Saute till the tomatoes leave the vessel.
- Set aside
- Boil rice in 3 cups water and add a pinch of salt. seive and discard the excess water.
- Add the rice to the preparation and heat for 2 mins till the rice and puree are mixed well. turn the gas off and add garam masala.*
- Garnish with coriander and serve as you serve pulao.
This recipe was contributed by benitadua on 23 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.