This recipe has been viewed 2737 times
Coriander lends a delicate flavour to this rice. you can also use dill leaves along with coriander.
handy tip(s) :
1. the coriander is added last so that it retains its colour.
2. crushed peanuts can be added for a better taste.
Add your private note
Chawal Hariyali recipe - How to make Chawal Hariyali
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Wash and soak the rice for about 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves, green cardamom and onions and saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the rice and saute for a few minutes.
- Add 3 cups of hot water and salt and pressure cook till the rice is tender.
- Remove from the fire and add the chopped coriander. Mix well using a fork so that the rice grains do not break.
- Garnish with the browned onion slices and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sathya_m on 01 Nov 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.