Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1550 times
One may use cooked turdal, chana dal, moong dal, etc usually left over at nights in marwari or gujrati homes.
tastes best when turdal or chana dal is used.
one may add lime to it for taste
- In a bowl mix everything except dal.
- The mixture should become a proper dough
- Make small balls and flatten them a bit. let it be 2inches in diameter and1cm thick.
- In a kadai heat cooked left over curry or dal and let it come to a boil.
- Add the rice balls and cook on medium flame for15-20mins.
- Dont let the dal to get vanished. if not a liquid consistency u may add water.
- Serve 2 dhoklis in a bowl, add dal and garnish with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by anu84kush on 27 Sep 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.