Chatpati Pani Puri By sandhyan
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 8300 times
Recreate the magic of chatpati Pani puri, an immensely popular street food snack across India with this simple chatpati paani puri recipe. The puris are fried and filled with a sweet and tangy water along with boiled chana as filling.
Add your private note
Chatpati Pani Puri By sandhyan recipe - How to make Chatpati Pani Puri By sandhyan
Preparation Time: na Cooking Time: na Total Time:
- Boil raw mangoes and extract mango pulp.
- Grind mint leaves, coriander leaves and green chillies into a fine paste.
- Mix together mango pulp, the ground paste, salt, black salt, roasted cumin powder, red chilli powder and lemon juice.
- Chill in the refrigerator till use.
- You can use a variety of fillings to fill the puris like sprouted moong or boondis mixed with potatoes etc.
- To make the sprouted moong filling, heat oil in a pan, add asafoetida and sauté the sprouted moong. add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and season it with salt.
- Or soak boondi in water for some time and drain. mix it with cubes of boiled potatoes and season it with salt, chat masala, red chilli powder and cumin powder.
- Fill each puri with a little sprouted green gram or alu boondi mixture, then fill it up with the flavoured water and relish the pani puri.
This recipe was contributed by sandhyan on 05 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.