Chatpati Pani Puri By Ragu
Added to 54 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36337 times
Chatpati pani puri, tiny puffed puris stuffed with potatoes, chana, moong, sweet chutney and spicy pani adds real chatpata taste to the recipe. This recipe is loved by all.
- Combine the semolina, flour and salt in a bowl.
- Now blend-in the soda water to make a smooth dough, use a little oil at the time of kneading.
- Divide the dough into 6 parts and knead each part one after the other and make a long cigar type shapes.
- Then cut into small disc to make the puris.
- Roll-out into tiny puris and deep fry in hot oil till the puri is filled with air and golden in colour.
- When frying toss some hot oil on top of the puri so that oil helps it to bubble up.
- Remove on absorbent paper, allow to cool and keep aside.
- Add all the ingredients and liqiudise in a blender and blend it, sieve to get the pani and discard the solids.
- Keep in refrigerator to cool.
- Combine all the ingredients and cook on a slow flame till the dastes are completly cooked.
- Strain and discard the solid materials and allow to cool the smooth chutney. Keep aside.
- Make a depresion in center of the puri, fill it with sprouted moong, potatoes, and kala chana.
- Put little sweet chutney and fill remaining puri with pani and serve.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make more pani puri.
- Serve immedieately.
This recipe was contributed by Ragu on 03 Feb 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.