Chatpati Bhindi Curry
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15039 times
This is a delightful recipe which is not only fast but also very easy to make. I learn't this recipe during on of my official trips abroad. Do try it and your comments are most welcome. This is not the conventional type of bhindi curry. Trust me. . It's different. .
- Heat oil in a non stick pan or wok.
- Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds and let it crackle.
- Add 1/2 tsp of hing, dry red chilli and let it get fried in the oil for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and saute till the onions are light golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and the chilli and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute till the rawness of the ginger garlic paste goes away.
- Add the haldi powder, chilli powder, jeera powder,coriander powder and garam masala and saute for 4 to 5 minutes for the masalas to cook completely.
- Add the ladies finger in the pan and mix well till the whole masala is mixed with the bhindi.
- Add the dried mango powder and mix well.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of besan and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add half cup of water to the bhindi and mix well for another 3 to 4 minutes till the masala is completely dissolved.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Cook on a slow flame for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
This recipe was contributed by Sandipan on 24 Jul 2013Simple and enthusiastic guy with a passion for food and cooking. Though I don't cook regularly due t...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.