Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2553 times
The potato swirls can be made beforehand and stored in airtight containers.
thus it makes it easier to make up the chat whenever needed.
tomato sauce can be used instead of khatta meeta chutney too. but the khatta meeta chutney gives it a better taste.
- Soak the bread pices in water and squeeze it.
- Add it to the potato and knead well adding the butter and a little salt.
- Put this in a star nozzle and press out some swirls.
- Keep them aside and either fry them in oil, or cook them in the microwave oven for about 5min on high till it becomes crisp.
- When fried in oil it will become a little brown, but in the microwave, it will remain pale yellow.
- Arrange these swirls in a plate.
- Pour the thick well beaten curd over it, sprinkle salt and kala namak around .
- Then sprinkle the chat masala pwd, jeera powder, redchilli pwd .
- Pour the khattameetha chutney and garnish with boondi and coriander leaves.
- Serve as a starter.
This recipe was contributed by lakme on 02 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.