Chatpata Kala Chana
by Chhaya Taparia
This recipe has been viewed 10783 times
Kala chana or brown chickpeas are sproued and then cooked with spices to give a tingling taste. Good source of iron and can be eaten as a snack or with roti also.
- Pressure cook the chana for 2 whistles or till soft.
- Drain the escess water and keep aside.
- Add the spices to the tamarind pulp and mix well.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add the ginger-green chilli paste, curry leaves and then tamarind paste to it and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the boiled chana, mix well and saute for another one minute.
- Garnish and serve as a snack or with roti.
This recipe was contributed by Chhaya Taparia on 26 Jul 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.