Chatneypudi ( South Indian Recipe)
by Radha Hoizal
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5246 times
Chatneypudi is the pudi which is put on the top of mysore masala dosa and then the stuffing i. e. Aloo subji is added and the dosa is folded and served. This pudi adds the real taste to this dosa.
- Dry roast the chana dal, urad dal, dry coconut and curry leaves separately in a pan, all they turn pink and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the red chillies and saute till smoke starts coming. Keep aside.
- Combine the chana dal ,urad dal and curry leaves and blend in a mixer to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Combine the red chillies, tamarind, salt, jaggery, dry coconut and asafoetida and blend in a mixer to a coarse powder.
- Combine these 2 powders and blend again to a smooth powder.
- Mix well and store in an airtight container.
- This pudi can be stored for 2 to 3 months.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 23 Aug 2011Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.