Chatambade, Masala Vade, Chattambade
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Chatambade, Masala Vade, Chattambade in Hindi)
Added to 88 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 50493 times
The addition of curry leaves, either as a seasoning or a flavouring agent, is a salient feature of South Indian cooking.
This South Indian delicacy stands testimony to this, with the distinct flavour and aroma of curry leaves wafting through the air and kindling your gastronomic juices into full-throttle.
You can also try other South Indian style vada recipes like Rava Vada or Medu Vada .
- Clean, wash and soak the dal overnight. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the dal, red chillies, green chillies, cumin seeds and a little water and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Add the onions, coriander, curry leaves and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 20 equal portions and shape each portion into a small round.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry till they turn golden brown in colour. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve hot with fried coconut chutney.
Nutrient values per chatambade
|Vitamin A||97.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.