Chatakdar Kala Chana
by Dipika (Chatpatti)
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8093 times
This recipe is used both as tiffin and main course. This can be a variation to regular chole.
Add your private note
Chatakdar Kala Chana recipe - How to make Chatakdar Kala Chana
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Soak the chana in enough water over night.
- Drain and pressure cook it with water, soda and salt for 4 whistles or till cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape from the lid, drain and keep aside.
- Then take a pan and heat some oil.
- Add the onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes add the tomatoes and green chilies, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, curry powder and mix well.
- Now add chana and potato cubes.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and mix well.
- Then add 1/4th cup of water and cover the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced tomato and onion and serve hot with puri or parathas.
This recipe was contributed by Dipika (Chatpatti) on 12 Jul 2013I am basically from Orissa but I live in Kolkata. I am a odissi dancer.My cooking interest develop o...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.