Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2324 times
Try out this simple Chas chapati using the leftover chapatis and buttermilk or chaas.The cut rotis are tempered with mustard seeds and chillies and then simmered in a spicy buttermilk mixture. Enjoy garnished with roasted peanuts and chopped coriander leaves.
- Take 6-8 left over chapatis
- Cut into small small pieces and keep aside.
- Heat oil (1 tbsp.) add mustard seeds, when they begin to sputter add jeera, asetafodia, green chillies, kadi patta and fry for 2 seconds.
- Add the butter milk salt, sugar, and bring to boil. if the curd seperates then churn the mixture and bring to boil.
- Finally add the cut chappatis and stir for 3 minutes or bring one boil.
- Add roasted crushed ground nuts and corriander.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by mangalexp on 02 Dec 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.