by Tarla Dalal
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6054 times
The colourful traditional pudding, filled with rich pineapple cream.
- Melt the jelly in 1 1/2 teacups of boiling water. Cool, pour into a wet 175 mm. (7") diameter mould (about 100 mm. (4") in height) and put to set in a refrigerator.
- Trim the sponge fingers. Keep aside the trimmings.
- Arrange the trimmed fingers vertically as a border over the jelly.
- Chop the pineapple slices. Keep aside the syrup and add to it 1/2 teacup of water.
- Add the gelatine to the syrup and heat on a slow flame until it dissolves.
- Add the lemon juice to the gelatine mixture.
- Beat the cream with the sugar.
- Mix the cream, chopped pineapple and gelatine ina vessel.
- Put the vessel containing this mixture in a larger vessel filled with ice-cubes and go on stirring until the mixture gets thicker.
- Add the trimmings of the sponge fingers.
- Pour this mixture over the jelly and put to set in a refrigerator.
- To serve, dip the mould in hot water for a few seconds and unmould on a serving plate. Tie with a red ribbon and serve.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.