Char- Grilled Pepper and Feta Cheese Salad ( Soups and Salads Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24395 times
A holiday brunch? your meal is incomplete with this beautiful grilled pepper and cheese salad. Use red, yellow and green peppers to make the salad look full of colour. Served on a bed of crisp lettuce, this recipe calls for alfalfa sprouts too, making it rich in nutrients. The zingy olive oil, vinegar, pepper and sugar dressing makes this one of the best salads that is enjoyed by all.
- Apply a little oil evenly over each of the 3 capsicum. Pierce each one of them with a fork and roast them over an open flame till the skin is browned.
- Place them in a zip lock bag and allow them to sweat.
- Remove them from the bag and peel off the skin and discard. Cut into thick strips and keep aside.
- Combine the sugar, balsamic vinegar and the garlic in a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate for at least ½ and hour.
- Layer the bottom of the salad bowl with iceberg lettuce and sprinkle sugar, olive oil and pepper over it.
- Arrange the char-grilled peppers, feta cheese, and alfalfa sprouts over the lettuce layer.
- Pour the dressing evenly over it and garnish with the sesame seeds and red chilli flakes, olives and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||450.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||91.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.