Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16806 times
Chappati upma is an innovative upma recipe with left over chapattis soaked and then cooked with onion, mustard seeds, curry leaves, lime juice and chopped coriander leaves. An excellent breakfast item, chapatti upma is easy and delicious.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic, green chillis and tomato and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the masalas and tamarind, mix well and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water, mix well and bring it to boil.
- Add the chapatis and simmer for 5 mins.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by preeti_jitendra on 23 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.