This recipe has been viewed 8469 times
Chapat offers an unique pancake or dosa recipe with the batter prepared from an unusual mix of eggs, milk, semolina and flour. The batter is then spred on pan like a pancake and cooked till done. The chapat is then folded and filled with any fruit jam or jelly before serving. A healthy way to start your day.
Add your private note
Chapat recipe - How to make Chapat
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
3 eggs1 cup milk3/4 cup plain flour (maida)
1/2 dst spoon ghee
1 1/2 dst spoon sooji
1/2 tsp cardamon & nutmeg powder
2 tsp charoli
6 tbsp sugar
- Melt ghee in a sauce pan.
- Add 6 tablespoons sugar and mix well.
- Add one egg at a time and mix well after each addition, till all the eggs have been added.
- Add 1 1/2 dessertspoon sooji. mix well
- Add 3/4 cup flour and mix well.
- Add 1 cup milk gradually mixing well so that there are no lumps.
- Rest the mixture for and hour.
- Heat a frying pan.
- Put in one round spoon ofbatter and spread it thinly.
- Cook on a slow fire turn and cook the other side.
- Repeat till all the batter is used up.
- Fold into half.
- Serve with strawberry jam or plain.
This recipe was contributed by hootokshi on 14 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.