Channa Dal and Soya Parathas
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7954 times
This is a nutritious paratha full of protein and carbohydrates.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Soak the soya granules in enough hot water for about 20 minutes. Strain and squeeze the excess water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and saute till they turn soft or translucent.
- Add the green chillies and saute for more 1/2 minute.
- Add the chana dal and cook for a minute.
- Add the soy granules, mix well and saute for a minute.
- Add the salt and coriander, mix well.
- Remove from the flame and cool completely.
- Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a circle of 4” diameter.
- Place a portion of the stuffing at the centre and bring the edges together at the centre to seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 6” diameter, using little whole wheat flour.
- Heat a tava and cook the paratha, using little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat the same to make more 7 parathas, using the remaining dough ad stuffing.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by pintoo on 29 Jun 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.