Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 8237 times
Parcels of mustard-coated paneer steamed in banana leaves for a perfect evening.The basic idea is to cook the paneer in a wilted banana-leaf envelope. If you do not find banana leaves at your local grocers, you may use tender pumpkin leaves or a foil instead. However, the hallmark of this dish is its distinctive aroma, which only a banana leaf can lend. This is an adaptation of the famous fish paturi, one of the royal dishes from Bengal.
- Take a wilted Banana leaf and pour 1 tsp of the mixture onto the middle of the leave.
- On the mixture place a piece of paneer and then 3 tsp more of the mixture, taking care that the whole slice is covered with the mixture.
- Place one slit green chilli on each paneer slice and 1/4 tsp of mustard oil on it.
- Fold the Banana Leaf, like a parcel and fasten it with a string.
- Similarly tie all the slices of paneer.
- Place all the pieces inside a steamer and steam for about 10 minutes.
- You can also bake it alternatively in a pre-heated oven on 450 Degrees for 20 min.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by sjcodel on 03 Apr 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.