This recipe has been viewed 3955 times
Chana dal na vada incorporates the benefits of chana dal or Bengal gram into a delectable crispy snack. The soaked dal is ground and mixed with onions, chillies and spices to prepare a thick batter which is then deep fried as vadas. The chana dal vadas are spiced with jeera,salt, etc and deep fried to get a healthy and tasty chana dal vada.Serve with Curds and coconut chutney
Add your private note
Chana Vada recipe - How to make Chana Vada
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
3 hours 15 minutes
- Soak the dal for 1-2 hours and then grind to a coarse paste by adding enough water.
- Add the chopped onions and green chillies to the chana paste.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and flatten each portion with your palm.
- Deep fry these vadas in hot oil till golden brown.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tamarind chutney.
This recipe was contributed by neerajadivakar on 31 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.