This recipe has been viewed 6531 times
Chana subji is a spicy north indian style preparation of kabuli chana or chickpeas. Relish the chana subji with paranthas or roti
- Pressure cook the chick peas with the tea bag for 3 whistles or till they are soft. Drain, discard the tea bag and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions, ginger and garlic and sauté till the onion turns golden brown.
- Add the chole masala, chilli powder, amchur, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin seed powder and salt and sauté for another minute.
- Add the chick peas and 1 cup of water and mix well and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 23 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.