Chana Palak ( Healthy Subzi Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 75% LIKED IT
3 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 130 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40384 times
Chana Palak is a mouthwatering subzi that makes you feel satisfied not just about the taste but the health aspects too! A nutrient-rich combination of spinach and white chick peas is enhanced with not one but two flavourful pastes – one of onions, and another of brinjals and tomatoes. Together with other common spices and spice powders, these pastes play a huge role in transforming the spinach and chick peas into a stunning show-stopper subzi!
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the brinjal, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the brinjal turn soft, while stirring occassionally. Sprinkle a little water if required. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Combine the brinjal and tomatoes and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds and dry roast on a slow flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the cinnamon, cloves and prepared onion paste and dry roast on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle a little water if required to avoid the onions from burning.
- Add the prepared brinjal-tomato paste and dry roast on a medium flame for another 1 minute.
- Add the garam masala, chilli powder, dried mango powder, coriander powder, salt, kabuli chana and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with onion rings, coriander and a lemon wedge.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 162 kcal|
|Protein|| 6.6 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 23.8 gm|
|Fat|| 4.4 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 1293.2 mcg|
|Vitamin C|| 23.8 mg|
|Iron|| 2.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.