by BETHICA DAS
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9633 times
This is a recipe from the state of himachal pradesh. It is chickpeas cooked in yoghurt gravy. Very simple to make and tastes absolutely delicious.
- Soak the rice overnight or for atleast an hour and grind into a paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with cumin seeds, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves and asafoetida.
- Add the turmeric powder and coriander powder and saute for few seconds.
- Add the boiled chickpeas and combine well. Then add the blended yoghurt and keep stirring continuously on low flame for 7-8 minutes.
- Now add the ground rice paste, ghee and salt and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- At this point the gravy should have reduced and become slightly thick.
- Remove from the fire and serve, garnished with coriander leaves
This recipe was contributed by BETHICA DAS on 02 Apr 2013HI, I AM BETHICA DAS, LIVING IN SHARJAH WITH MY HUSBAND, PIJUSH DAS, WHO IS A SENIOR LECTURER AT A B...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.