by Tarla Dalal
Added to 96 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35334 times
Chana Ghassi and a bowlful of steamed rice – now, that’s what I’d call a homely and sumptuous meal! Dry roasted spices and coconut make a wonderful masala to flavour boiled kala chana, which has a rich yet soothing flavour and texture due to the interplay of mellow coconut with aromatic spices. Make sure you add some water when cooking the chana and masala together, as this is a semi-dry subzi and not a dry one.
- Combine all the ingredients together, except the kala chana, in a broad non-stick pan and dry roast on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, till golden brown in colour.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer along with ½ cup of water to a smooth paste.
- Heat the broad non-stick pan, add the prepared paste, ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the boiled brown chick peas and little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||78.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.