Chana Dal with Vegetables
by Foodie #559430
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11270 times
Chana dal cooked with vegetables makes this dal a wholesome and healthy recipe!
- Clean, wash and pressure cook the chana dal along with turmeric , salt and all the vegetables, except the onions and tomatoes, and enough water for 5-6 whistels.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and a pinch of sugar , mix well and saute till the onions turn soft and golden brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste, mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato puree, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well and saute for 4 minutes or till the oil leaves the sides.
- Add the dal, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #559430 on 24 Jan 2012i love food specially healthy food less oil , no butter less calorie cuisine but sometimes good deli...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.