Chana Dal and Coconut Laddu
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19043 times
Bengal gram dhal and coconut laddu is a traditional besan or chana dal laddu recipe with a nice twist. The bengal gram or chana dal flour are mixed with grated coconut, powdered sugar, cashewnuts and ghee and blended together in the laddoo. The dal based laddu is a tasty and healthy laddoo( sweet ball) recipe.
- Wash the chana dal and soak in water for 2 hours.
- Drain, wash again and blend in a mixer till smooth, using water if required.
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan, add the coconut and saute till they turn golden brown. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in another pan, add the cashewnuts and saute till they turn golden brown colour. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a wkadhai, add the dal mixture and cook when the ghee starts leaving the sides and the dal turns powdery and crisp.
- Add the fried cashewnuts and fried grated coconut to the and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and add the cardamom and refined camphor.
- Divide the mixture into small balls and make laddoos.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
This recipe was contributed by susheelar on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.