Chana Dal Rice Kheer
by Radha Hoizal
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5351 times
Chana Dal Rice Kheer is South Indian delicacy prepared mainly on the festive days. This recipe is ambrosia for all sweet lovers, especially those fond of kheer.It is sweetened with jaggery and condensed milk and flavoured with elaichi powder.
- Heat ghee in pan and roast the rice lightly.
- In a pressure cooker mix the roasted rice and chana dal, add water and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat 1/4 cup water in a broad pan, add the jaggery and cook till it melts.Then add the cooked chana dal and rice and mix well.
- Add condensed milk and milk and bring to a single boil.
- Add the grated coconut and coconut milk and cook for few seconds.
- Remove from the flame, add the cardamom powder, mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with roasted cashewnuts and raisins.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 30 Nov 2013Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.