Chana Dal Pittha
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9741 times
Chana dal pittha is a savory steamed pittha recipe with soaked chana dal cooked along with ginger, spice powders and then filled in a wheat flour based soft dough. These chana dal filled pittha are traditionally steamed in hot water but can also be deep fried and served as snack with coriander chutney.
- Blend the chana dal in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Add the cumin seeds powder, ginger-garlic paste, green chilies, garam masala and salt and blend again till light and fluffy.
- Put large amount of water to boil in a big vessel and add some salt and oil to it.
- Divide dough in small portions and roll out each portion ino small thin puris.
- Put 1 tbsp full of chana dal on a puri and fold it, sealing the edges completely.
- Put them it in the boiling water and cook for 10-15 minutes or till cooked.
- Serve hot with coriander- pudina chutney
This recipe was contributed by si_jaya on 30 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.