Chana Dal Koshambir
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4571 times
Chennadal koshambir is a delicious accompaniment or chutney recipe prepared by blending together soaked channa dal, grated mango,coconut and coriander leaves.
- Soak the chana dal in enough water for 2 hours.
- Drain and blend in a mixer along with green chillies, mango, coconut, coriander and salt till smooth.
- Transfer in a bowl and keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies and asafoetida and saute for few seconds.
- Add this tempering to the dal and mix well.
- Serve immediately or store refrigerated.
This recipe was contributed by sarojagrao on 29 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.