Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8713 times
A delicious spicy chutney best served with rice or parathas. . This is a innovative combination of chana, coconut and chillies.
- Wash and soak the dal in enough water for 20 minutes.
- Drain and blend in a mixer to a coarse mixture.
- Combine the coconut and dal and blend again in a mixer.
- Transfer in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadai, add the turmeric powder and red chillies and saute for 15 seconds.
- Add the curry leaves and saute for 10 seconds.
- Pour this tempering to the chana dal-coconut mixture, add the salt and mix well.
- Add a little sugar and mix well.
- Serve with any dish of your choice.
This recipe was contributed by soniyavc on 23 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.