Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 65460 times
Learn how to prepare the crunchy and tasty Chakli from rice flour with this Chakli recipe. Chaklis are deep fried and enjoyed as a crunchy snack in the evenings with tea or coffee.
Add your private note
Chakli recipe - How to make Chakli
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- To prepare the bhajani, roast the dals separately on a low flame.
- Mix the dals and coarsely grind them.
- Boil water and add red chilli powder, haldi, ajwain, til, salt and homemade butter.
- Take four cups of bhajani and mix it in water.
- Mix well and remove. put the mixture in a chakli maker.
- Shape the chaklis and deep-fry them on low flame till reddish brown.
- Remove and place on tissue to absorb excess oil.
- Break a piece of the chakli to check if it has cooked properly.
- Serve the chaklis with homemade butter, or fresh curd with chilli pickle.
This recipe was contributed by kavitakj on 12 Jul 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.