by LOPA SHAH
This recipe has been viewed 5495 times
South indian delicacy. . . Mouthwatering and delicious smelling chakkara pongal. Try this recipe, you will surely love this!
- Clean,wash and soak the rice and moong dal separately in enough water for 1-2 hours.
- Pressure cook till the dal and rice are tender.
- Blend the mixture using a hand blender to a smooth paste.
- Add the jaggery to cooked dal and rice mixture and whisk well.
- Heat the ghee in non stick pan, add the cashewnuts and raisins and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add to cooked rice and dal mixture, mix well
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve hot.
- Remember to mix jaggery into the rice and dal mixture when it is hot, so that jaggery melts and mixes easily.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 21 Aug 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.