Celery and Black Eye Beans
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7639 times
Celery and black eyed beans is a tasty lentil preparation of chopped celery tossed with pressure cooked black eyed beans. Discover many interesting ways of preparing dals, celery recipe at tarladalal.com.
- Soak the beans first in warm water so that it will be ready by the time you are ready to start
- Chop the celery roughly.
- Chop the onions, tomato, green chillies
- Crush the ginger and garlic
- In a pressure cooker heat oil and when hot add mustard seeds to splutter.
- Add the cumin seeds.
- Add the onions, ginger garlic, green chillies and saute for a minute.
- Add the tomato.
- Add the powders and salt. (i usually mix them all in water and pour it)
- When the mix boils and the raw smell goes off add the soaked black eye beans.
- Add some water and let it boil for 2 min.
- Add the chopped celery and close the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Remove from fire after 3 whistles.
- Open and add the chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve with hot rotis.
This recipe was contributed by madhuram79 on 25 Jan 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.