by Tarla Dalal
Added to 73 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 63527 times
Here is a soup that can perk you up even on a gloomy day. It is both flavourful and soothing, which works wonders to cheer up the soul.
This soup has neither corn flour nor cream, but is amazingly tasty. Wholesome milk gives the soup a balanced and rich flavour, which also providing you with calcium and protein.
Celery, on the other hand, gives you loads of calcium and vitamin A, which spells more goodness for pregnant women. A dash of pepper is all that’s needed to make the Celery Soup a very tasteful experience!
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the celery and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool.
- Blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into the same non-stick pan, add the milk, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.